Friday, July 24, 2009

Week 4 Weekly Challenge

I already have been setting goals. It comes readily for martial artists here in America. We are the ones that broke the black belt down into colored ranks. They didn't have that in Asia. My problem is setting too many or not setting realistic ones. So, I have to constantly assess and reassess where I am with my short-term goals.

My short-term goals on July 1 were:
(1) pass my July 14 belt test
(2) nail my performance in front of Chuck Norris in Las Vegas...that's only a couple of weeks away (yikes!)

I successfully completed both of those...minus the Chuck Norris part. He showed up two days later. It was in front of Aaron Norris, the President of our organization.

Here are my long-term goals and my new short-term goals:
Long Term
(1) WW Lifetime Membership....maintaining a healthy weight and BMI; (not having to pay the monthly fees anymore!)
(2) Black Belt in Chun Kuk Do; (photo with Chuck and Aaron Norris at the Convention)

Short Term
1) Regular attendance in the advanced karate class; (being in the advanced class will better prepare me for passing the red belt test because they're getting ready for their black belt tests and the material is so similar...it'll be hard core!)
2) Red belt; (I look better in red and I'll be able to fight a certain someone at next year's convention if I'm a red belt...I want her head on a platter.)
3) Regular attendance in WholyFit; (WholyFit makes my whole body feel better and really helps my kicks and stances in karate class)
4) Regular Church attendance...no copping out or sleeping in on Sundays!!!; (I need to connect spiritually, and I figure you got to fake it til you make it; the only reward for this is peace of mind.)
5) Portion control and tracking points; (the reward is on the scale)

Rewards
The rewards for reaching the goals are intrinsic (because I'm pretty freaking poor right now.) But, I can write them down and reflect on them. If I celebrate them in some way, it will be to watch a movie on XBox Live or to read a book. Honestly, just getting out of the house to go to a Bible study without the kids can be a mini-reward.


No comments:

Post a Comment