Saturday, July 18, 2009

Vegas Trip Update

Things are going well. Our students did so well yesterday. I think every single one of them placed in something yesterday. Raul, Lance, Carl, and Tommy all got first places in their divisions. I think Cole might have too, but I'm not sure. Carl, Lance, and Tommy all competed for grand champion in adults, kids, and seniors respectively. (Tommy got to choose whether to compete in weapons or forms because he got first place in both of those divisions.) Tommy is a third-time Norris Cup recipient!

We're really concerned about DaMarkus. He reopened his knife wound during the demo. He was in a great deal of pain. The EMT looked him over and took a detailed report. She counseled him on going to the trauma room at the hospital. But, he didn't go. He stayed at the hotel last night. He said he'd go this morning if his hand wasn't feeling any better. I'm planning on checking on him around lunch time.

Tonight is the banquet. The fun part is the dance afterward. I'm just looking forward to dressing up. At least I'll finally get a chance to eat good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment