Monday, July 13, 2009

Test Tomorrow

I am testing tomorrow for a new belt rank. This'll be my first test in 16 years. I will be testing under a different instructor than my usual one. (My husband is the head instructor at the school.) We agreed for several reasons that it would be best to have Carl, his second-in-command, be my instructor of record. Mostly because I'm hard-headed and have a very difficult time learning from Tommy.

Tommy is an excellent teacher. I have a mental block and for some reason can't seem to get along with him very well when he is in the role of a teacher. So, if I work very hard over the next two years, I should be Carl's first student to earn the rank of black belt.

For now, I'd just really like to pass the test tomorrow!!! My endurance has improved, but even still, they save the actually sparring for the end of the test. That's when you're the most tired. This is what gives me some shin splints. I'll need to ice my shins when I reach the hotel in Vegas. I don't want to be in a lot of pain for our competition on Friday.

1 comment: