Saturday, August 29, 2009

Weeks 8 and 9

Week 9: 178.6 lbs
Week 8: 179.6 lbs

Exercise:
I had been working out MWF, but with my injured foot, I cut back to Mondays and Wednesdays only. Also, this was the first week of school with the kids back, so I'm just freaking exhausted. I rested yesterday. I went to the doctor this morning to finally get my foot x-rayed. I didn't break the toe joint. I sprained it. I re-injure the ligaments every time I hear the cracks and feel the searing pain. Apparently, my hubby's taping job is spot-on. I need to get a different kind of mat shoes with better arch support. I need to ice the toe after each workout. I also need to take two Naproxen twice a day.

At first, the doctor told me that I could switch to a different form of exercise like swimming or a stationary bike. I told him that I was one of those patients that can't afford a gym. I told him my husband owns the karate school and it was breaking even. (Which is great since it hasn't quite reached its second year yet.) That means I can't just go out and buy a membership or expensive gym equipment. I even cancelled my WW membership because I need to cut back on expenses wherever I can.

So, we talked about the taping of the foot, arch support in the mat shoes, icing the foot, and the Naproxen. He said it will be about 8 more weeks if I don't re-injure it again.

Food log:
I don't have a lot of variety because I'm so freaking busy that it is just easier for me to grab the same basic thing each day. (Hey, do what works best for you...I think that's what the Anti-Jared always says.) For breakfast I always have Fiber One cereal with Lactose Free skim milk. I drink black coffee or coffee with a half cup of that same Lactose Free skim milk.

I am a coffee fiend. It is a carry-over from my days as a computer geek. I have cut back, but I still drink about four cups of black coffee a day.

I have been doing so awesome with food during the day. I won't even touch sweets or snacks. I bring my own lunch every day. The Progresso soups are actually two servings, 1 pt per serving so I have 2 pts. of soup, a clementine or Granny Smith apple, and a bottle of water. I have a clementine or Granny Smith apple and a bottle of water as a snack.

Every Sunday the hubby and I make two different crock pot meals. We pack up half of it and put it in the fridge for the week. We freeze the other half. We eat these meals for dinner and pull out the frozen ones for the end of the week.

Emotional stuff:
Warning! This is going to be in a separate post. If you don't like reading that stuff. Skip that post.

No comments:

Post a Comment