Saturday, August 8, 2009

Week 6 Weigh In

Weight: 183.0 lbs.
I met my 10% WW goal. This means I lost 20 lbs since I started back at WW in April. That was one of my Big Goals. Each time you change "decades" in WW, you have to recalculate. At 179 I will need to recalculate my WW points again.

Exercise:
M/W - went through the Advanced class at karate. Monday was hard because the black belts and one red belt are all testing for various black belt ranks, so they're all moving really fast on testing techniques. I got to work at a fast pace, which pushed me to move fast on my own testing material. I am remembering my katas (forms) much easier, and I'm starting to pick up the new one and add on new moves to it.

On Wednesday, Tommy instituted something called "death by kata." The reason for this new form of torture is during the black belt test, when a person is fatigued, they begin to forget their forms and make mistakes which start to snowball. The purpose of death by kata is to build stamina and to force the brain to remember things under extreme physical and mental stress. Here's how "death by kata" works:
Do the first kata. Follow with 15 pushups.
Do the second kata. Follow with 15 pushups and 15 jumping jacks.
Do the third kata. Follow with 15 pushups, 15 jumping jacks, and 15 squats.
Do the fourth kata. Follow with 15 squat thrusts.
Do the fifth kata. Follow with 15 squat thrusts and 15 row boats.
Do the sixth kata (I don't have a sixth yet, so I work on my fifth one, learning new pieces of it and practicing those until they look just right) Follow with 15 squat thrusts, 15 row boats, and 15 somethings-I-can't-remember

At the end of class, I

On Friday we had stick fighting and grappling classes. I went through both classes. Those were fun.

Food log:
I did great in the mornings. I did great during the day. I drank a lot of protein water after workouts because my muscles were completely burned out. I had a lot of trouble at night. The workouts were so intense that it sent me into this eating frenzy after I got home. I couldn't stop. I tried to stick with stuff like meat and cheese. I knew my muscles needed to rebuild themselves. I also worried a lot about eating so late at night. I am sure that I would have lost more weight if I hadn't eaten so late at night. Maybe I should have just eaten vegetables?

Emotional junk:
My daughter is going through something. She is angry about the muffin top she has around her middle. She doesn't like it. She has poor eating habits. We offer her healthy alternatives when she goes for food late at night. We ask her if she's really hungry. She pitched a fit this morning about how horrible the clothes were that we bought her because they all made her stomach stick out. It isn't the clothes. It is her stomach. I didn't tell her that. I don't know how to help her.

No comments:

Post a Comment