Saturday, June 13, 2009

5% Goal Achieved!

I finally blew past that 5% goal this week. The workouts have been killer because we're working really hard to get ready for a karate demo in Vegas this July, and we're still just putting the pieces together. I have regular classes in addition to these practices, and I have never really known how to correctly eat to fuel my body.

So, I've been getting the normal sore muscles the day after workouts, but now I have all over muscle tremors from complete fatigue. They're probably unable to repair themselves properly, especially if I don't choose the right things to eat. Even if I am sticking to my WW plan perfectly, which I did this past week, I might not be properly fueling my body for the exercise.

I started eating a light carb about 30 - 45 min before my first class, the yoga alternative. After that one, I've pushed myself to the point that my muscles are all shaky, and I grab a G2 and down that. I start my karate class. I drink a bottle of water periodically through the class. (I can get away with that because I'm the teacher's wife and one of the owners of the school.) When I get home I eat 4 pt - 5 pt lean protein and drink more water. When I wake up in the morning, I'm still shaking and have totally worn out muscles.

I'm hoping that (a) I'll get stronger and it will go away in a month or two or (b) as I lose weight and the workouts become a little easier, my muscles won't be pushed to fatigue.

No comments:

Post a Comment