Tuesday, June 30, 2009

No Blue Bell

We didn't stop at the Blue Bell factory today. I thought I would be late getting to karate. Plus, when my youngest falls asleep in the car, I try to get as far as humanly possible before having to stop. I made it all the way home, ran into the house for my karate uniform, and got back into the car without her waking up. (My oldest was in there with her, I'm not that terrible of a parent.)

I actually made it 50 minutes through class before being completely winded. That's really great for me. I'm getting some endurance built up. I'm doing the best I can to push myself to be ready to test on July 14, the day before we leave for Las Vegas.

The funny thing was that I had my mom dye my hair while I was visiting her in Austin. (Why pay $100 at a salon when you can pay $4.99 and do it at home?) I got to the karate school and put on a brand new karate top. (I lost enough weight to go from an XL to a L... I was really proud of myself.) So, I worked up quite a sweat. I finish class, take off my new top, and my husband says, "what the heck did you get all over your new gi top?" His friend says, "that must be the blood of her enemies." I dyed my hair red. The dye must have been in the pores of my scalp and sweated out. It "bled" all over my beautiful, white karate top! Great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment