Saturday, May 30, 2009

May 30, 2009 Here comes summer!

I tried really hard these past two weeks since my last official weigh-in to eat right and to get in more exercise:

1) Attending my karate class Tuesday, Thursday and Friday nights
2) Attending my karate demonstration team practice sessions (we're competing in Las Vegas this summer)
3) Attending WholyFit (yoga alternative) twice a week
4) Walking three times a week - yes, this is all too much; the walking is in the mornings and the demo practice has taken the place of one of the WholyFit time slots.
5) Laying off the fried foods
6) Portion control, portion control, portion control!!!

The results were...
- 4lbs since last weigh in
.4 lbs away from a 1o lb loss
.4 lbs away from my 5% goal

I'm excited about the 4 lb. loss. That is awesome. I am also realistic enough to notice the fact that .4 lb could easily have been lost had I tracked what went into my mouth the past two weeks. If you bite it...write it.

I keep telling myself that I'm just too busy to focus on so many things at once. If I focus on exercise and on tracking and on reading and on my job and on my family's business and on web design for the family business and on cleaning the house and on being a mom and on feeding the dog and on blah, blah, blah then I will fail at everything.

What I've got to do is make mindless habits out of stuff. Make routines. Focus on certain things that can become routines that I never have to think about, I just do them. Then the really important stuff, I can put my whole mind and heart into.

If I think of food as fuel, then I can just prepare my meals for the entire day, not stray from what I packed up for the day, and write it all down at night. I save myself some time thinking, measuring and tracking because I did it all in the morning and didn't have to choose and measure and plan during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment