Saturday, June 27, 2009

Amy's 15-Week Challenge

Starting weight: 189 lbs.

Exercise log:
After my WW meeting, we had our karate demo practice. I'm finally getting the moves down! I keep thinking that it is taking me a lot longer to remember things than it used to when I was a teenager. But then I remember that when I was a teenager I was at the karate school every single evening after school except Sundays. I had my own key, and I was just a student there!

I am getting tired much faster than the other team members. I have been blaming it on the fact that they're all much younger than me. But, I am also very much out of shape, and they aren't. When I was younger, I was in much better shape. So, when my body gets used to this, I assume it will be easier. I have to retrain my brain to think positively and stop thinking I'm old and busted!

I've been focusing so much on WholyFit (yoga alternative) that I neglected my karate. But, the really cool thing about the WholyFit, which is a blend of yoga and pilate minus the Eastern philosophy, is that I could actually see the results. I can bend farther and farther, and my kicks are getting higher. I can even touch the floor with my nose when I'm sitting on the floor and bending forward.

I have always told people that I'm actually quite flexible. I can bend farther if I could just get this fat out of the way. For the fat gals out there, you know what I mean? For example, if you've ever been in a class where you're stretching and you've been told to bend over to the left and try to touch your left hand to your left foot. You can feel this fold of fat between your ribs and your hips...somewhere in there you have a waist. It hinders me from bending all the way down. But I'm getting better and better at it!

Food log:
I've pushed past my plateau. The latest issue of the Weight Watchers magazine had a great article on it. We also discussed it in a recent meeting. There's a different between the motivation of a beginning WW member and someone who's been around a while. The beginner is all motivated and tracks everything. Once you've been around a while, you get lazy. Well, I've started tracking better. I've also started eating more frequently.

I re-checked my points, and I am down to 23 now. I divide it up and eat 5 times a day. I plan and pack for the entire day and take them with me. This may not work for you. But, this summer I'm able to do the same thing at my summer job...at the family karate school.

I've fallen in love with the Kelloggs Protein water packs. They're zero points. I drink one after my workouts. They seem to help my muscles repair themselves faster. I've also taken to eating high fiber cereal in the mornings. I think its made an overall impact on just plain feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment