Saturday, May 23, 2009

Well, I thought I was doing great...

Last week's weigh-in really did shock me. I did so well the week before, sticking to my meal plan. I wasn't feeling particularly well, so I worked out only three times instead of six. (I did the karate and WholyFit and skipped the early morning walking.)

I had a very busy Saturday, so I took my preschooler with me to the weigh-in and didn't stay for the meeting. I went up 2 lbs. I kept repeating, "I don't know how this is possible. I can't see how this is possible." I guess I didn't take it very well.

I went to my therapist appointment. She's supposed to be helping me establish routines for a healthier lifestyle. She wasn't terribly helpful. It was my second session with her. She thinks I'm obsessed with weight loss and fitness.

Okay. "Hello, doc. That's why I am here. I have ignored things for ten years and now I'm built like an amoeba and I'm physically adapted for fluorescent lighting and a sedentary lifestyle where my most challenging physical activity is the clicking of a mouse!" I am not obsessed with my looks nor am I obsessed with being a waif-thin supermodel. I have set some realistic goals and have some realistic expectations. I need strategies for meeting those goals, and being a busy, working mom employed full-time outside the home, I set aside 50 minutes a week twice a month to talk to someone (who gets paid quite a bit more than I do) about those goals.

I think I might be a little bitchy today. Sorry. Turns out it was a little extra water weight from that monthly visitor we women know well. I lost those 2 lbs plus an additional .5 lb this morning!

I will find a new therapist on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment