Friday, September 11, 2009

Week 11 Weigh In

Weight: 175.1 lbs
This weight was hard to maintain because I am an emotional eater. When things get stressful at work, I tend to throw myself into work and cut back on those things that Covey described as non-urgent but important...like exercise. So, there I go eating and not exercising, and working and working and working. Not good.

How I cope with this:
I tend to stick with eating the same basic things every day for breakfast and lunch. I know how many points they are. The Progresso soups that show how many points per serving on them help. I choose several of my favorite and just swap them out during the week for some semblance of variety. So, what happens is that at the end of the day, I always know how many points I have left over. If I overeat at the end of the day, it is very easy for me to track how many points I had left to work with.

So lately, I have done a pretty darn good job of not going over my daily allotment of points. If I did, I only went over by one or two points. That was easily made up for on that one day I actually got to the karate school for a workout.

Disclaimer:
This lack of variety doesn't work for everyone. Lots of you love to cook, have time to cook, and are good at cooking. I am not one of those people. I like to simplify things. If there are things thatI do not have to think about, it frees my brain up to think about other things...like spreadsheets, programming, how I'm going to get my washing machine fixed, how I'm going to get my teachers to implement a "new" teaching technique, etc.

Bummer:
I had a pre-test today for my next belt test in karate. I didn't do as well on it as I would have liked. I am having trouble dumping all my baggage at the door and stepping on the mat fully ready to focus on the task at hand. I really need to get my mind right.

No comments:

Post a Comment